Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our Maternity Pictures 07.21.13



I know that it is a little late in posting these pictures. I was planning on posting them about a week before her EDD (September 22nd) but she decided to grace us with her lovely presence a few days early... (I have been fine with her decision!)

Our sweet friend, Collette, took these gorgeous photos. Make sure you check out her facebook page. I have added the link below. She is absolutely amazing and I am in awe of her talent and expertise.

At the time of this photo shoot, she was 31 weeks. She would have weighed approximately 3.3 pounds and measured over 16 inches long. I am still amazed how huge my baby bump was and how tiny she ended up being.

I still remember looking down at my big belly and reveling in the idea that a precious life is being formed. How can you can already love someone so much and have never met them face to face? Now that she is with us, it makes me appreciate the time that I was able to carry her. For those 38 weeks she was just mine. I was her protector, provider, and home. I could feel all of her movements from her hiccups to her dancing and to her sudden jumps in the night. These maternity pictures are so much more than a visual memory. They remind me of those tiny moments that only I was able to feel, the focus and plans that I was preparing, and the intimate relationship and bonding that was already being formed between her and me.





















Collette Marie Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment