Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Southern Tea: Baby Girl Drake Makes Three (July 27, 2013)

The lovely hostesses of Baby Drake's shower were the Ladies Committee from our church and some close friends and family. They went above and beyond to make this "Pre-Birthday Party" for our sweet angel a lovely event.



What goes great with tea? Sandwiches of course! There was a lovely spread of chicken salad sandwiches, pimento cheese, and ham sandwiches. Yummy. To top it off there were deviled eggs, a pickle/olive tray, fresh fruit, delightful homemade mints, cupcakes and a coconut cake. It was a perfect girly afternoon meal. I did not go hungry, that's for sure! I hope Baby Drake is a foodie like her momma.




To start off the shower I wanted to make a speech..I know, I know...Why would I want to cry my way through a long-winded speech and make everyone listen and try to figure out what I was saying between the choke-ups and tear wipes? I know that once the cake gets cut and the presents begin to get unwrapped I have lost my captive audience. I wanted to take the time to really thank everyone for attending this event, ask for continued prayers, and tell certain people how much I love them. I mainly was trying to speak on behalf of our precious little girl. She is already so loved and blessed by having such wonderful friends and family already in full support of her! Surprisingly, I made it through the speech! Whew!
My Miss Dinanne- the person who watched me every day from practically birth-Kindergarten


So much PINK! OOOHHHH....AHHHHHH....AWWWWWW



How cute is that toy box? Thanks, Marietta :) It is already set up in the nursery


Sweet friends sitting "front row"

The only clue about our precious little one's name 

Hopefully these ladies will let me have a turn holding her once in a while!
(Cousin Fonda, Momma, and Mamaw)



Me, Miss Dinanne, and Suzie doll!

My precious Sophie
I loved opening all of her lovely gifts. Who knew you could get so tired sitting in a chair, opening gifts, reading cards, and talking? It must be a pregnancy thing. What is so much fun about going to showers is seeing motherly wisdom passed on through gifts. So many people gave clever gifts, things that I had not put on my registry or even thought twice about getting. Hearing all the ladies say "You are gonna use that!" "You can never have too many of those!" "That's going to save you so much time!" I loved hearing everyone's input. There was wonderful advice written in cards, blessings poured out over our little girl, and sweet words for Chris and me. I feel so grateful to have so many wonderful women around me. I know I can call on them for anything.

Ready or not.....Here she comes!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Thanks for sharing! Wish I could have been there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed sharing the special event and watching you open all of the sweet gifts . Suzie was thrilled to get to attend as well. She doesn't get to get out much. Ha!

    ReplyDelete