Monday, June 3, 2013

The purpose

I had always imagined that the second I found out we were pregnant I would document every minute, every milestone, and every day's events.With a busy end to the school for Christopher and me, grad school classes, new puppy, and that crazy little thing called life... I am attempting to make up for lost time and share some of our favorite moments, provide some fun pregnancy knowledge I have learned, and keep everyone up to date on this beautiful journey.


First prenatal appointment- February 4th


At our first appointment we found out we are expecting our little bundle of joy on September 22nd


The Big Announcement- March 10th


We waited until we were through the first trimester to make our big announcement. It was so hard to keep it a secret, especially at work. We made the big reveal on March 10th, 2013. I'm already showing a bump!



My dad took our announcement pictures in front of a building downtown that is about to be demolished.  My mother-in-law provided us with the beautiful antique carriage, baby shoes, and blanket.


We had so much fun!


A few things I have learned:

  • Get ready for this question: "How are you feeling?" (At least 15+ times a day)
  • People will immediately begin to rub your belly.  (I always thought that I would be one of those people who would freak out about letting people touch my stomach...I got over that pretty quickly. People love babies and big pregnant bellies. It's not a battle I was willing to fight)
  • Keep it simple (be mindful) with the pregnancy literature. I have noticed that some websites, blogs, and books tend to invoke fear, rather than provide the basic information most people seek. I like to be well-informed, but pregnancy brings about enough apprehension. I prefer to not make it worse by reading about all of the horrific things that could happen.
  • A pregnant belly can make things happen: no wait at a restaurant, cuts in line at the grocery store, complete strangers being extremely kind, and the list continues..
  • Wear maternity pants. I am talking the ones with the kangaroo flap-fashionable I know. You can make it cute. Be comfortable.
  • Cherish each second! These weeks are flying by.

 


    I will be posting some belly bump pics soon. Stay tuned :)






No comments:

Post a Comment